Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2 years with the 100D.....Some vids as well...

2 years with the 100D.....Some vids as well... 2 months 3 weeks ago #34

• KD8TUT
  • KD8TUT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Well hi everyone...

Glad to see this site operational again... it closed down about the time I was setting up my station in the fall (?) of 2015....

So I've got two years in with my 100D. And aside from one or two bumps I've been very happy with the purchase and it's performance.

Really, it's exceeded my expectations considering the the changes in the radio since it was first plugged in.

I've done a couple of videos regarding the radio, the first a overview of the Thetis alpha and new protocol firmware. The second showing the use of phase cancellation in eliminating local electrical noise.

The following user(s) said Thank You: W1AEX

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years with the 100D.....Some vids as well... 2 months 3 weeks ago #35

• NI0Z
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Welcome back! Thanks for sharing, looking forward to watching these tomorrow!

Ni0Z

2 years with the 100D.....Some vids as well... 2 months 7 hours ago #77

Great videos, the noise cancelling one is amazing. For some hams it could make a huge difference to the enjoyment of the hobby.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KD8TUT

2 years with the 100D.....Some vids as well... 1 month 4 weeks ago #80

• KD8TUT

zlham wrote: Great videos, the noise cancelling one is amazing. For some hams it could make a huge difference to the enjoyment of the hobby.

Thanks. I'm hoping to get a chance to test it in an urban environment. My theory seems to be that it might be of limited use when the noise comes from all directions. In my area, we only get minimal electrical noise during the summer during tourist season. 90 miles away in Chicago I'd imagine it's usefulness to be much less.

We'll see if I get a chance to operate in that environment.

2 years with the 100D.....Some vids as well... 1 month 4 weeks ago #82

Michael,

Your "Diversity" video really helped to push me over the edge to move from my 3 year-old single ADC ANAN-100 to a nearly brand new ANAN-200D that a nearby ham decided to sell. In my relatively quiet location I have found that the diversity feature works beautifully to remove any weird noises that show up here and there even though I have not yet optimized my "noise" antenna. Much to my astonishment, I can attain a 40dB null on the 50,000 watt AM broadcast station that sits roughly 12 miles away. There's lots to like with all the nulling and steering capabilities the diversity feature offers.

Rob W1AEX
The following user(s) said Thank You: KD8TUT

2 years with the 100D.....Some vids as well... 1 month 4 weeks ago #84

• KD8TUT
Thanks Rob,

Glad it was interesting or helpful. It sure is a feature I enjoy and use every day.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.532 seconds