SDR Console V3

• Thank you received: 7

ZoneAdmin created the topic: SDR Console V3

Having fun with SDR Console today thanks to Simon for helping me figure out what was causing issues. Turns out with as many network and virtual network adapters I had running, SDR Console was having issues finding the radio at startup.

SDR Console is a gorgeous SDR Software package and we are very lucky to that Simon has opted to incorporate full support for them. We should see a rollout early next year if all goes well.

For starters I made a fast video just playing around with the software.

More later to come!

NI0Z

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7

ZoneAdmin replied the topic: SDR Console V3

I have made one more video for you today, this is the last for now as I will now return to protocol 1. I was able to get SDR Console to work PSK today with DM780 and made some QSO's. I also had several QSO's SSB today, great audio reports and I dare do say that the audio in my particular situation seems to fair better with SDR Console. PSK I had to manually transmit pushing the TX button in SDR Console, I simply haven't fully integrated it yet.

I am seeing some funky stuff with my Hex beam on ADC 1 in SDR Console, but it may be merely a matter of using it on ADC 1 verses an actual issue, we have to remember this is all pre beta so its way too early to worry about things like this, I am only mentioning it in case you experience this yourself. So essentially I was receiving on ADC 2 and transmitting on ADC1.

I would stay on Protocol 2 with SDR Console if not for that issue, no diversity support that I found yet and Pure Signal is not ready. All that said though, when those functions are ready, I will be wowed and moving over to Simons offering, hopefully some time next year.

Here's my video on SDR Console for now to give you a small taste.

NI0Z

• Thank you received: 3

zlham replied the topic: SDR Console V3

Very interesting. I am still running protocol 1 so I can't run SDR Console 3. I tried to install SDR Console 2 recently but it refuses to run at all on my Win10 PC. So I gave up and deleted it.

• Thank you received: 3

zlham replied the topic: SDR Console V3

I finally got SDR Console V3 to run on my PC. In the end I researched the 000007b error I was getting and the general consensus was to download a heap of dll files and bung them in the Windows System32 directory. I was not keen on this idea since everything else was working fine. I didn't want to end up crashing other programs. In the end I found a similar (not gaming focused website) and downloaded this file '0xc000007b_win10(x64).zip' Google it if you have the same problem that I did.

I was not brave enough to copy the files into my System32 and SysWOW64 directories, so I copied all of the dll files into the SDRConsole main directory. Working on the principle that the program will look there before looking at the system directories. That fixed the problem and everything is now working. I am a happy camper.

I have had SDRconsole freeze up a couple of times when changing to a different favourite. I do like the way the program remembers the panadapter settings and the four or five receivers as well. Super idea. Seems to be reasonably stable otherwise and it is pre-beta software so you cant expect it to be perfect yet. The favourites menu is SOOOOO much better than SDRUno which seems to have been written by somebody who does not understand that the radio is an SDR.

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds